Al-Qamer MOU Area
- Al – Qamer MOU area is located in central Jordan, about 110 Km southeast of Amman.
- It is part of Attarat Um Al Ghudran deposits to its northwest.
- Accessible by paved roads.
- Said MOU area covers 64.3 sq.Km.
MOU Area Coordinates
MOU Plan Layout
This mining plan is estimated and initial according to available data.
- Until a finer grid of boreholes is drilled, available data from existing boreholes is used to estimate quantities.These can be refined at the pre-feasibility study level.
- A preferred portion of the MOU area is selected based on:
- Low stripping ratio as indicated by the volume of overburden to the volume of oil shale.
- Oil content in the rock.
- Overburden layer thickness.
- Oil shale layer thickness.
- Topography of the area.
- The conditions of oil shale occurrence bring to the fore open mining and underground mining technologies.
- A comparison is made of the advantages and disadvantages of each.
Advantages / Disadvantages of Mining Tech.
- The MOU space is divided into sub-areas for purpose of use.
- Two areas are earmarked for oil shale mining, selection as per aforesaid criteria.
- Other sub-areas are earmarked for a camp site, dumping sites and other miscellaneous goals.
- Area 1 is chosen at the southwest corner of the MOU space, and Area 2 at the northeast.