EIA conducted by the consultant and it marks the start of the EIA study. In this stage stakeholders have the key opportunity to participate in the EIA process and to be introduced to the project. One of the main purposes of the scoping stage is to get the public and the regulatory authorities involved in the course of the EIA and to denote their concerns about the project in a formal manner.
The followings are some of the main objectives of the EIA stage:
· Identify the key environmental issues to be included in the assessment.
· Identify the legal requirements and framework for the project through its life.
· Identify the relevant component studies to establish the relevant baseline for the area of the project.
· Finalize the terms of references (TOR).
· EIA study includes Environmental management.