Jordanian marble is high quality, dense and recrystallized. It is varicolored by iron oxides, bituminous matter, and traces of chromium, nickel & vanadium minerals.
- Area: 14.2 sq km
- Already 17 Bore wells drilled (Drilling : Core Drilling and Cut Drilling)
- 3 Bore wells were done by Core drilling to access the Physical Characteristics of all deposited layers including oil Shale.
- 14 Bore wells were done with Cut Drilling to analyses overburden layer.
- Density of Marble 2.9
- Absorption: is very low 0.5 & 0.91.
Unconfined compressive strength: is more than 550 kg/cm2.
Deep (surface) abrasion: All our samples are less than 2.5mm.
Explanation of Marble Results
Number of samples tested in the Ministry of Energy and Mineral resources (MEMR) labs and the results indicated that the marble outcrops in the MOU area is high quality, the adopted tests includes the follows:
- Deep (surface) abrasion: the resistance of materials and structures to abrasion can be measured by a variety of test methods. The standard of resistance for marble = 3mm (less than 3mm is good, more than 3mm is bad) All our samples are less than 2.5mm which indicate that the samples are high quality.
- Unconfined compressive strength: is the maximum axial compressive stress that a right-cylindrical sample of material can withstand under unconfined conditions. The compressive strength for samples is more than 550 kg/cm2 which indicates highly strong more than limestone.
- Bulk density for samples is high and closed to 3 g/cm3.
- Absorption for all samples is very low 0.5 & 0.91 respectively which indicates high quality plus we can use it as tiles for Swimming pools & bathroom Floors in addition to other uses.