Kaolin is white, soft, plastic clay mainly composed of the fine grained platy mineral kaolinite; a white hydrous aluminum silicate, Al2Si2O5(OH)4, containing 23.5% alumina, 46.5% silica, and 14% water.
It is used in the manufacturing of white-ware ceramics and in filling and coating of paper. It is also used as filler in paints, rubber, plastics and many other productions.
- Already 13 Boreholes drilled (Drilling: Core Drilling and Cut Drilling)
- Two Boreholes were done by Core drilling to access the Physical Characteristics of all deposited layers including oil Shale.
- 11 Boreholes were done with Cut Drilling to analyses overburden layer.
- The Results As following:
- Clay reserve: 185.5 Million tones.
- Composition: Al2SiO2O5 (OH) 4.
- Major oxides contents of the kaolin: Al2O3 %, SiO2 %, Fe2O3 %.
- Hardness: 2-2.5.
- Density: 2.63-2.65 g/cm3
- Mineralogy of kaolin deposits: Kaolinite, Quartz, CaCO3.
- Thickness 3.5 m
(X.R.F) Analysis for some of the drilled boreholes
Exploration works for 20 Boreholes in our area includes the following studies:
- Survey Technology (1:5000).
- Geology Mapping (1:5000).
- VES – Electrical resistivity sounding.
- Geophysical studies should be conducted, in order to evaluate raw oil shale and its thickness as well as overburden, and find out the geological composition in the area.
- Cut drilling overburden
- Core drilling oil Shale
- Well logging.
- Sampling analysis: Chemical analyses X-ray florescence, X-ray Diffraction and scanning electron microscopy (SEM).
- Hydrology and Hydrogeology.
- Geology and Mining Engineering.
- Resources and Reserves.
- Development Business, Development Plan.
- EIA and HSSE reports.
- Interpretation and Reports.
- Start of Development Stage and Following Work :
1. Mining Work to start.
2. Mining Work given to PGEi( Govt of Poland) Company
3. Order to Technology Provider for Cement Plant.
- Main products from 2017 are: