Chalk is a fine grained white limestone or micrite. On average, it consists 97.5 – 98.5% calcium carbonate. Clay and quartz are the most common impurities. Most chalk is soft friable rock that does not required explosives.
Chalk, typically consists of smooth, rounded weakly bonded coccolith structures which themselves consist of minute individual calcite crystals in the order of 1 micron in size. Chalk as a form of carbonate rocks containing high calcium carbonate can be used in many industrial applications such as paint, cement, agriculture..etc
- Already 13 boreholes drilled (Drilling: Core Drilling and Cut Drilling).
- Two boreholes were done by Core drilling to access the Physical Characteristics of all deposited layers including oil Shale.
- 11 boreholes were done with Cut Drilling to analyses overburden layar.
- The results as following:
- Chalk reserve 4125 Million ton.
- Selling Price of Chalk 34.04$.
(X.R.F) Analysis for some of the drilled boreholes
Exploration work for 20 boreholes in our area includes the following studies:
- Survey Technology (1:5000).
- Geology Mapping (1:5000).
- VES – Electrical resistivity sounding.
- Geophysical studies should be conducted, in order to evaluate raw oil shale and its thickness as well as overburden, and find out the geological composition in the area.
- Sampling analysis: X-ray diffraction(XRD), X-ray fluorescence, scanning electron
- Microscopy (SEM) atomic force microscopy, thermal analysis.
- Hydrology and Hydrogeology.
- Geology and Mining Engineering.
- Resources and Reserves.
- Development Business, Development Plan.
- EIA and HSSE Reports.
- Interpretation and Reports.